Thursday, March 4, 2010

Sticky Situation


This happened to me about a month ago. Leave it to me, eh? A few of my friends have heard this story in short form but i felt it was worth sharing.





If you have been here before then it should not come as a shock to you that I frequent the local adult novelty store. They have really cute jewelry there and you know I love the exotic heels they sell! (I am certain that i will be compared to a man with his "i just read those magazines for the articles" line for that one) But seriously, I don't make a B-line to the hot pink-'feels like real skin'-powerful vibration section! I like to look at the stuff in the front of the store too!





So the other day I pass by the store on the way home from work and the sign out front said:






!NEW SHIPMENT JUST ARRIVED!



PANDORA COLLECTION



CHECK IT OUT TODAY






I'm not too tired and I am curious to know what Pandora collected. I pull up and park. Of course I'm still wearing what I did to the office, black dress slacks, red sweater and black stilettos. It would have never occurred to me that I would look like anything other than a simple office worker with a touch of style. You will see why this is important as you read on.






I pick up my purse and drop my keys inside then walk in casually. To the left there are some very adorable bra and panty sets that catch my eye immediately. As begin flipping through them. Nothing I can't live without.




As I continue to walk around the store I see that the lady behind the counter is watching me quite intently. Does she think I am gonna steal something? Surely not. As I get closer to the counter she steps from behind it and approaches me. She pretty, a bit portly but carries it well. Nice smile but needs to leave the knits alone and go with a much more structured ensemble.




Then one of the strangest conversations I have ever had begins. She asks how I was doing, I reply in the typical nonchalant way. She tells me she has something that just arrived that I will love and would love amazing on me. The Pandora Collection? I was slightly excited. I follow her to the far side of the counter where she produces a small silver box. Hmm. She tells me that I could wear these to work and everyone would love them. I am thinking some sexy rhinestone earrings. Not quite.




Pasties! Nice ones, I have to give her that. They are silver and have dangling gemstones. Woulda made a killer pair of earrings!




Then I think... wait... she thinks I am a stripper! Not that its a bad gig, I hear there is plenty of money to be made. I just never tried it. But why does the think this? Is it the way I am dressed? I am not lude or inappropriate.


It concerns me that she would automatically assume anything at all about me. A good sales person asks questions about the customer before making an offer of any product. I explained to her that she was incorrect about my profession, as politely as I could, thinking that was the end of that.


But wait...


this woman does not get it!


She says, still smiling: But you DO do this on the side don't you?


Unbelievable!


Copper


5 comments:

Brian Miller said...

lol. smiles.

Kye Lin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kye Lin said...

Hi!Thanks for dropping a comment in my blog!^_^

Hahaha,she probably assumes that you have a hidden persona.XD

I didn't what was pasties until I googled it just now.0_0

He who has been changed said...

You just looked like her best customers. But should consider a put down when someone thinks you can't make it on brains even if your judgment may be somewhat clouded. But I guess someone will always judge us for what we do, where we go or how we think & live our lives. Good news is it really does not matter how others judge us. Bad news is it does matter how we will be judged by God who will hold us accountable esp since His son Jesus the Christ died for our sins. We are free to chose our way or His and no need to worry about His judgment anyway until we die. But then life is short & eternity is forever whether we believe it or not. Check out the Bible before choosing to reject the gift.

Anonymous said...

You don't even do private dances? Oh, I bet you do.

Thanks for stopping by my blog. It gave me a nudge to visit you.