Monday, June 25, 2007

Liar, Liar


Why lie to me? I have a friend that I had ordered some products from. Like 4 weeks ago. She told me that she had sent the order off and I could expect my stuff soon. I was asking around the office and found out that she really did not place the order until last week. The whole time, she had been lying to me. The worst part is that she told the other people that ordered from her the truth. THEY knew not to be expecting anything. She just keeps on with her fairy tale about the truck being late, and the company messing up the order, etc.


My question is:


Since I know for certain that she is still lying to me, do I call her on it? Or do I let it slide and just not buy anything from her again? We used to be close friends. We are no where near as close as we used to be, but I still considered us to be on a level of truth and trust. I think its pretty foul to just take my money, use it on your bills, and send the product order off when you get your paycheck 2 weeks later.


What do you think?


Copper

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

My neighbor took her kid's fund raising candy money to buy drugs! Now I keep her at arm's length and haven't mentioned the candy or money because I fear a confronting her may result in vicious retaliation. (She beat up her husband and took a bat to his car!)

Wonder why she only lied to you?

Ak-Man said...

Dang . . . where is the love?

I don't like it when people take the piss like that, money involved or not. And it so much worse whan a 'friend' is involved.

I'm a dude so I won't advise you; my advice will end up in traded blows.

"Hey Copper" *wave*

Doug said...

Hi Copper,
Best to let it go and just never deal with her again regarding money.
Sounds cold but most likely the best thing to do in this situation so it doesn't boil over into something really bad.

Cheers,
Doug

P.S.
Good to see ya back.. : )

Bart said...

Kick her in the (proverbial) nuts.

Ak-Man said...

Guessing you're still very busy...

Ak-Man Woz Ere '07

Lady_T said...

TELL HER! (if she isnt a maniac) I hate it when people take the pee. I think you should call her up on it and give her a chance to explain. Even if she lies about her reason she'd at least know you knew.

Chewy, I wouldn't have confronted her either....beat up her husband? Dang...

Anonymous said...

I MISS YOU! (tear runs down cheek)

Alex L said...

Hello just stumbled in from Lady T's blog, I wouldnt confront her butthe again I'm a wuss, just use lighter fluid to write on her car bonnet, "I know what you did", then light it and run away. If shes crossed you then chances are she has done it to other people, so she wont know who it is... hopefully.

So@24 said...

you have to mention something. it's just going to fester. no need to be attacking when you confront her, but ask it more as a question. give her a chance to explain. great post!

Catmoves said...

Great post. I think Doug has the best advice I've seen. Have had to deal with liars and lying over what amounts to nothing for most of my adult life. Be cool.

Anonymous said...

Hey copper, If i am reading this correct, im afraid i know who and what.......then you should keep your friends close and enemies closer, but dont order these things again.........

DeeDee said...

Hi Copper Stiletto,

I was wondering where you found that photo with the word "LIAR" on it. I would really like to use it for a book cover at my Publishing company, Bloomsbury in Manhattan!

Please let me know SOON!!!