Thursday, September 6, 2007

Magic Little Keys


My daughter came running up to me yesterday: "Mommy, Mommy! Look! Magic keys!"




She shows me a handful of old keys. Some were of the skeleton variety and a few resembled the diary keys from my childhood. I was reminded of my "diary days" as a kid. I protected my writings and most intimate secrets with a small gold lock and a tiny key.


Now, right here in my little girl's hand was the same type of key. My moment of nostalgia was overwhelming. I could remember so vividly pouring what little soul I had into those pink pages and when that little lock went on the hasp, my secrets were safe.


Now I suppose my diary keys come in the form of passwords. I still get that sense of satisfaction when I lock up my thoughts in this computer. The difference is that now I have all of these Angels reading my diary along with me.


I love you all!

Copper

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That means I'm an Angel? Woo-Hoo! When can I have my wings?

I've been writing flashbacks my last two posts.

Ak-Man said...

The diary I kept was extra lame . . . undescriptive . . . just had rankings.

4/10 - stayed at home

8/10 - played football


It was literally that lame.

Ak-Man said...

I've still got it actually . . .