Monday, April 16, 2007

Obsess Much?


I have been "tagged". I am now faced with the task of listing five things that I am obsessed with.

Dictionary.com defined obsession as:


ob·ses·sion –noun
1. the domination of one's thoughts or feelings by a persistent idea, image, desire, etc.
2. the idea, image, desire, feeling, etc., itself.
3. the state of being obsessed.
4. the act of obsessing.


So if I use 1. as my parameters, this task now graduates to a challenge. But lets begin.


1. My Appearance ~ This is a biggie, and yes it does dominate my thoughts. I was raised to be this way. I do not know any better. On my indecisive days, I will change outfits 2 or 3 times before leaving the house. I am constantly afraid that the one day that I go out looking like "who shot John" that I will just happen to run into someone of the presidency level. Insane notion, I know. But nonetheless dominate. Luckily, I love my body and the way that I look. Not to sound conceited, I am a far cry from perfection, but I am pleased.


2. Finances ~ I constantly re-evaluate my financial situation. I do not like the feeling of owing money to anyone.


3. My children's safety ~ If I could cage them in the cellar and home school them I would. Just today there was another shooting on school grounds. A college campus this time. The world is a scary place.


4. Shoes ~ Not a joke. I LOVE shoes. It is the my "one thing". Women know what I mean. Each of us have made this statement: I know I shouldn't spend money on it, but its my "one thing" that I myself, and I deserve it! So this is mine. Even if I don't buy anything I still like to look.


5. This blog ~ I love doing this. It really allows me an outlet for release. Its non-judgemental. But I get feedback and its very important to me. I have always wanted to be a writer, but that's not going to happen, so this is my supplement. I can act a fool if I want. Be serious. Whatever, its all accepted and even if nobody ever read it, at least it found its way out of my system.


Hey, thanks Lady_T, that was fun!


There ya go,

Copper

4 comments:

Bart said...

I got tagged once.

In true me fashion, I acted like it didn't happen.

david mcmahon said...

Hi Copper,

As the only person who stayed on the list for the two weeks you were AWOL, would you like to be the guest judge of this week's Blog Awards? See my blogpost titled `You Be The Judge' and let me know.
Cheers
David
http://david-mcmahon.blogspot.com/

HB said...

Tagged? Shounds silly. However, it could get interesting if being tagged entailed having to secretly steal and assume another person’s identity and then systematical kill off that person’s friends and family. Then each week you get to post a pic of the person you just killed. After you have killed everyone, you choose or, “tag” the next person to do the same.

So let’s try this again. You have been (properly) tagged. Now, GO!

Lady_T said...

hb that sounds kinda scary....

Glad you enjoyed it copper.

I always re-evaluate my finances, owing money is NOTt the way to go.