Thursday, April 26, 2007

Why you so mad?



Why is it that we hold grudges? Against the chic that your old man slept with, the guy that beat you out of the position at work or even the teacher that made you cry in middle school. I am really bad about this. I am not sure that "Forgive and Forget" is in me. I make an honest effort, I really do, but it seems that I get led back anger as soon as those old memories pop in for a visit. My mind likes to torment itself, re-living painful times, remembering detailed conversations, eventually resulting in me getting pissed off all over again. When I was younger, this used to get me into a lot of trouble. I would literally go out looking for the the person that I felt had wronged me, vowing to damage them or their life in some way. I got into way too many altercations, thankfully, I have avoided a criminal record. But now, post-children, I just keep all that anger locked up. Unhealthy, but extremely hard to get over. Its funny though, almost as fast as I stopped trying to "repay the favor" myself, I realized that what goes around, DOES come back around. (Wow, i think i just plagiarized Justin Timberlake, hope HE don't hold a grudge!)

1 comment:

Doug said...

Hi Copper,
My favorite remark regarding
judgment of others comes from
the movie " Ed Wood ".
"Ed doesn't judge people" his
girlfriend says.
"That's right..If I did I wouldn't
have any friends!"..Ed Wood

Cheers,
Doug