Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Falling Down


Friday was painful. There is no real way to tell you about this and depict the scenario in real-life quality, but I will give it a try:


As you well know, the last few weeks have been exhausting for me. By the end last week, the kids, the old man and work had all taken their toll on my body and my sanity. So, it was not surprising to me that when I got home on Friday, to an empty house, I laid on my bed with the intentions of consuming a bit of alcohol and watching CSI.


It all began well. Vodka and Cranberry, two ice cubes, short glass. Fresh pack of smokes and the remote. The episode of CSI that was coming on I had seen previously. It usually makes no difference because Warrick keeps my interest. But this time even he could not keep me awake. I fell into a light comfy slumber. A little while later I am startled awake by knocking at the front door. I set up straight and swing my legs around, preparing obviously, to see who has came to visit.


At this point, I have no idea that I have been resting in a position that evidently cut all circulation off to my left leg, from the hip down. Now I am not talking about the "falling asleep" that still allows you the warning tingle, you know the one that says " Hey! Thought ya might wanna know that I am NOT fully functional right now!" See I didn't get the message. My leg was asleep to the point of absolutely no feeling, from the hip down.


I jump up, take one step and hit the hardwood floor ~ HARD ~ with my left ass cheek. The knocking continues. I pull myself up, still unsure of what the hell just happened, and fall again! Same cheek, this time adding a 3inch scrape to my ass. Now I begin to crawl... In pain. I get to the door, whoever was there has now gone and I lay against the wall, breathing heavily.


THE AFTERMATH

Bruises on both elbows

Football size bruise in my left thigh

Long scrape on my ass cheek

Carpet burns on both knees


Still tired...


Copper

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

All those injuries... and not from sex on the rug. Too bad!

Bart said...

This reminds me of what my dumbass did back when I had knee surgery...in fact, I may take inspirado from you and blog about it.

phaseoutgirl said...

Hahahaha! I love Chewy's comment! But I hope you are feeling ok. You just gave me an idea of what I shall do when I get home tonight.. vodka and cranberry...

And next time, following Chewy's comment, your "injuries" should be a result of something far more exciting stuff!!

love,
Cecilia

Shrink Wrapped Scream said...

Ouch! Thank God for some vodka to kiss away the sting. You DID have some vodka left, right?